What to expect from a graduate of JC/LISD
- Have the ability to think and express themselves clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Be able to be informed about what it means to be a citizen of the United States in a 21st century
- Have an understanding of and ability to manipulate information about math, science, and technology.
- Have an understanding of how other humans have expressed their humanness through the ages and within various cultures.
- Have an understanding of their personal responsibility for their own behavior and their behavior towards others.
- Be able to be productive and contributing members of the world society.
- Possess employability skills, self-confidence, and the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Have an understanding of how change and the information explosion will continue to affect their futures and the futures of those to come after them.
- Have the ability to meet their own individual needs for power, fun, love, freedom, and survival without infringing on the right of others to meet the same needs.
- Be other-centered and able to cooperate.
- Understand and participate in various creative expression from their own experience and exposure to other cultures' artistic heritages.
- Demonstrate the characteristics of a self-directed learner with enthusiasm for lifelong learning.
- Possess high self-esteem as a learner and person.